You can also follow Solar Nutrition on Facebook.
Solar Nutrition is a method of eating based on timing in order that one may synchronize with the movement of the planet, and in so doing, lower stress, conserve energy and live a longevity life-style. It’s not what you eat but when you eat it. It was modernized by Swami Nityananda Saraswati, also known as Adano Ley, who said, “Eat your way to butterflyhood.”
Solar Nutrition utilizes the Chinese Biological Time Clock to synchronize the input of nutrients with the organs of the body in their growth cycles.
The timing is determined by the placement of the Sun in the sky and its subsequent effect on the growth patterns of plants and animals. Consequently, in the morning, when the sun is low on the eastern horizon, one eats the foods that grow on trees, such as fruits and nuts.
In the middle of the day, when the sun is at its zenith, eat things that grow on top of the ground, such as grains and most vegetables and the 2 and 4 legged animals.
And at night, when the sun is below the western horizon, eat the foods that grow in the water, underground, or in darkness, such as root vegetables, fish and mushrooms.
Five Laws of Solar Nutrition
- A little of anything is medicine for the system, too much is toxic: Confucius
- There is a time, a place, a season for everything: Solomon
- Live to eat in order to get sick.
- Live to eat in order not to get sick.
- Live to eat in order to live not to eat.
Here’s a typical day’s menu:
Breakfast: Soaked almonds, prunes and peaches. Solar coffee comes from the arabica bean (read labels), and has cocoa and maple syrup added to promote healthy hormone balancing throughout the day.
Morning snack: Any citrus fruit eaten alone.
Lunch: Tofu (or chicken), brown rice, steamed cauliflower and broccoli, green salad.
Afternoon snack: Any melon to eat alone; or berries.
Dinner: Fish, brown rice, watercress salad.
Notes about Soaked Almonds:
- They should be the first thing you put in your mouth in the morning. This sets the hydrochloric acid levels in the stomach for the entire day.
- Soak them overnight.
- Eat one almond for every ten pounds of body weight you want to weigh. If you want to weight 170 pounds, then eat 17 almonds.
- To estimate your ideal weight, simply measure the diameter of the smallest part of your wrist and multiply by height in inches. If your wrist is 2.5 inches in diameter and you are 5′ 10″ tall, your ideal weight is 175 pounds.
Anytime (or one food as therapy): Apple Cider Vinegar, Brown Rice, Ghee (clarified butter), Herb Teas, Honey
Prohibited Foods: Meat and Cheese Eaten Together, Black Pepper, Popcorn with Hulls, Melted Cheese, Carbonated Beverages, and Deep Fried Foods.